Nice, succulent prawn mixed with a whole lot of stuff and then pan-fried to perfect crispiness. I loveeeee to go with my Egg Fried Rice! The unfortunate thing is that we cannot always go to DTF whenever a craving kicks in because.. 1) The nearest DTF is still a couple of MRT stops away from us and 2) it is quite expensive!
So I decided to give it a go in my kitchen to create my own style of prawn pancake. Here are the ingredients and steps:
15 pieces of large grey prawn - deshelled, deveined and chopped finely
1/2 stalk of carrot - chopped
1 stalk of spring onions - chopped
2 pieces of beancurd skin
1 egg white
1. Marinate the chopped grey prawn with pepper, sesame oil and soy sauce for preferably a couple of hours.
2. Mix the chopped carrots and spring onions into the chopped prawn.
3. On a dry table, spread the mixed paste on the beancurd skin generously. Place another beancurd skin over when you are done and pat gently to achieve the flattened effect.
4. Seal the ends with egg white.
5. Heat the pan and make sure that the oil is hot, then carefully put the pancake into the pan to fry until golden.
6. Drain the oil and serve hot!
- Grey Prawns - $7
- Carrot - $0.40
- Spring onions - get it for free, go hustle with your vegetable auntie when you buy veg!
- Beancurd skin - $1.20
- Egg - $0.20